The Ely Summerhouse is made to order in our workshop in a range of different sizes from 8ft x 6ft (2.4m x 1.8m) to suit your garden space. There are various options from integral shed compartments, extra windows, choice of colour finishes etc.
Specifications for this building
• Made with quality 15mm (ex 19mm) shiplap boarding on sturdy 46mm x 46mm (ex 50mm x 50mm) framework.
• Height below 2.5m to avoid the need for planning permission in most cases.
• Height at low side 6ft 6in (1.97m) internally & high side height 7ft (2.13m).
• Fully glazed front with double doors.
• Choice of brass or chrome ironmongery.
• Toughened safety glass as standard in full length doors and windows.
• Roof made with 12mm exterior grade plywood with 40kg heavy duty polyester based felt.
• 1ft (30cm) roof overhang at front.
• Fully treated inside and out with a light brown solvent-based preservative.
• Long side window glazed with toughened glass, with or without opening top vent.
• Additional storage shed at one end of the building.
• Complete four-coat (preservative, undercoat and two top coats) exterior paint finish. Low-knot timber shiplap boarding is used to minimise marks from knot resin. Nail holes are filled for best appearance. We can paint your building in a large choice of colours e.g. from the Farrow & Ball range, RAL or Dulux tints.
• Clear, colourless preservative inside and out instead of light brown.
• Sadolin Classic exterior wood finish in a selection of colours.
• Opaque Woodstain 2-coat finish available in a range of colours.
• EPDM rubber roof upgrade for decades long lifespan.
• Double glazing.
• Walls & roof lining and insulating - Celotex or similar foil covered insulation board and lining with 12mm tongued and grooved boarding and with skirting boards.
• Floor insulation.
Delivery & Installation
Prices include delivery and assembly by our own team of installers
within a 30 mile radius of Cambridge (other areas priced on request). Base work is priced on request for a suitable paving slab or concrete base made to the correct dimensions and specifications.
Your Kind Words
Visit Our Scotsdales Garden Centre show-site
Approximately 60 buildings are on display including: sheds, workshops, potting sheds, summerhouses, greenhouses and garden offices/studios.