The Ely Summerhouse is made to order in our workshop in a range of different sizes from 8ft x 6ft (2.4m x 1.8m) to suit your garden space. There are various options from integral shed compartments, extra windows, choice of colour finishes etc.
Specifications for this building
• Made with quality 15mm (ex 19mm) shiplap boarding on sturdy 46mm x 46mm (ex 50mm x 50mm) framework.
• Height below 2.5m to avoid the need for planning permission in most cases.
• Height at low side 6ft 6in (1.97m) internally & high side height 7ft (2.13m).
• Fully glazed front with double doors.
• Choice of brass or chrome ironmongery.
• Toughened safety glass as standard in full length doors and windows.
• Roof made with 12mm exterior grade plywood with 40kg heavy duty polyester based felt.
• 1ft (30cm) roof overhang at front.
• Fully treated inside and out with a light brown solvent-based preservative.
• Long side window glazed with toughened glass, with or without opening top vent.
• Additional storage shed at one end of the building.
• Complete four-coat (preservative, undercoat and two top coats) exterior paint finish. Stain block is used to minimise marks from knot resin. Nail holes are filled for best appearance. We can paint your building in a large choice of colours e.g. from the Farrow & Ball range, RAL or Dulux tints.
• Clear, colourless preservative inside and out instead of light brown.
• Sadolin Classic exterior wood finish in a selection of colours.
• Opaque Woodstain 2-coat finish available in a range of colours.
• EPDM rubber roof upgrade for decades long lifespan.
• Double glazing.
• Walls & roof lining and insulating - Celotex or similar foil covered insulation board and lining with 12mm tongued and grooved boarding and with skirting boards.
• Floor insulation.
Delivery & Installation
Prices include delivery and assembly by our own team of installers
within a 30 mile radius of Cambridge (other areas priced on request). Base work is priced on request for a suitable paving slab or concrete base made to the correct dimensions and specifications.
Your Kind Words
Visit Our Scotsdales Garden Centre show-site
Approximately 60 buildings are on display including: sheds, workshops, potting sheds, summerhouses, greenhouses and garden offices/studios.